Friday, November 27, 2009

Flavorful Pot Roast

This recipe is from a Taste fo Home's Quick Cooking book of Annual Recipes 2006. I received it from my mom for Christmas one year, and have been slowly going through recipes. Some don't look appetizing, some are similar to things I already make and love, and then there are some that I want to try. So here's #1

Flavorful Pot Roast

2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2.5 lbs each) (I did only one)
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix (I used half)
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I used half)
1 envelope brown gravy mix (I used half)
1/2 cup water

Place roasts in 5 qt. crockpot. In small bowl, combine dressing and gravy mixes. Stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy.

Still cooking.....smells good!

No comments:

Post a Comment